Thursday, November 8, 2007

Delicious Or Annoying

My little plum puddings, I have not intentionally been neglecting you, I've been on the road for a while.

Likes of the day are Tina Fey and Julia Louis Dreyfuss, picketing with the plebes. Upping in my estimation would be Nicolette Sheridan who made a well thought out and sympathetic statement on behalf of the striking writers.

Way down there would be the Serendipity folks who came up with a $25,000.00 dessert which is lots of expensive chocolate goo with all kinds of gold toppings, diamond dipped spoons and a diamond bracelet at the bottom of the dessert.

Stephen Bruce, owner of Serendipity 3 had this completely non offensive thought on the over the top confection: "I wouldn't be surprised if soon we get a call from a Middle Eastern prince or Shah willing to give something sweet to his many wives on his next trip to the city," Bruce said.

Awww, I wonder if he'd be this gracious to polygamists from our neck of the woods.

I love my chocolate as much as the next permanently PMSed gal in the city, but this takes tackiness to new depths. Next time, just dip my new Tiffany bracelet in some chocolate sauce and we can call it a day.

As You Were....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard that about the serendipity guy. I guess it's serendipitous that I read this and now know to tell all my friends male and female that the guy is a sexist boor. Gross. I am so sick of that attitude. Out loud and for profit no less.

Anonymous said...

Gross. Gross. Gross. This guy sucks.