Thursday, October 25, 2007

Get Paid To Make Out With Your Wife....

File this under I for I have no idea of what to think of this one.

Call me old fashioned, but I don't think that you have to sex up art, there is inherent beauty and sexiness in the creative process if not production of art (no, I'm not referring to the sharks in formaldehyde) be it a Rubens or a Lichtenstein (funny you should mention it, the man must have been reading my mind half of the time). Anyway, The Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago features a new exhibit in which some real life couples recreate famous kisses (i.e. Rodin's The Kiss). Honestly, this feels kind of tacky to me, almost like a Lifetime TV real life inspired movie of the week with Jennifer Esposito starring in: Jennifer Lopez and her miracle babies.

One of the make outtees in the exhibit says "it's all foreplay and no payoff.'' Hmmm. maybe not such a bad idea after all.

Ain't (very public) Love Grand?
(FYI, I couldn't find the Lichtenstein that I wanted to use)

No comments: