Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sigh. That Bill Clinton, He's Ever So Romantic!

So says Hillary Rodham Clinton.

In her ever evolving campaign to erode her former image as iron maiden turned cookie baker turned mean girl turned politician, turned vampette. the almost birthday girl is giving those dang right wingers something to applaud. Instead of appearing as a wronged wife, she's projecting the softer image of a woman scorned who moves on and forgives her man. She even says Bill is romantic! (To her you doubtful bastards). When asked for specifics, she tells Essence magazine that her man is so romantic " He's always bringing me back things from his trips" including apparently a Chanel watch because the white cubes reminded him of her teeth. (bared at him after the incident with that woman perhaps?)

Now to be honest, I have myself been blessed to be under the blinding rays of the Hillary smile, and I didn't automatically think Chanel watch, more like, damn that's an impressive faux **I think I know you so I'll smile at you because you know everyone else in the room so you must be someone worth knowing** smile

I actually think this was a great statement to make. After all, Hillary is both a businesswoman and politician. It would have been foolish for her to walk away from her biggest investment and jewel in the crown just because he apparently can't keep his pants zipped. "I never doubted that it was a marriage worth investing in even in the midst of those challenges and I'm really happy that I made that decision. Again, not a decision for everybody. And I think it's so important for women to stand up for the right of women to make a decision that is best for them."

We await you and your Chanel watch in the White House soon Madame President.

No comments: