Friday, October 26, 2007

M.I.L.F. (Mothers I'd Like to Fine)

Here's a (lowbrow) pop (culture) quiz for this gloomy Friday:

Which limelight hogging stage mother recently said:
  • "There are so many misconceptions about me and my family. I'm setting the record straight."
  • "It's about empowering women to be successful single mothers,"
and let us not forget
  • "About being in the limelight without compromising motherhood. It's about what I do, how you can be successful, and be a single mom and fulfilling your kids' dreams."
If you guessed *we wonder how our life turned out this way* Queen Elizabeth or Uma *I'll do anything for a photo op* Thurman you're way off base because it's really *SHOCK* Dina Lohan or as I like to call her- Momma I've got no talent/no scruples/no dignity/let me keep pimping out my kid until every fiber of her fame and dignity has been extinguished and I can go on to the next one.

In an interview in People mag (I think it's People), Lohan the Senior (I know she's not that old, but she IS that scary and surgerized, so it is our civic duty to mock her) talks about how committed she is to clearing up misconceptions - so committed in fact that she's going to star in a reality TV series on E to talk about it. (Yawn+Barf. Will this onslaught of reality dreck never stop?) Apparently, she brought cameras into rehab with her and Linz, and refers to herself as the 'White Oprah' (Woprah?).

Breaking shrews, er news. Apparently Britney's mom is going to pen a tell all memoir in which according to a source she will will "give readers and fans a revealing look into her “personal story” of grooming Britney, 25, and Jamie Lynn, 16, into big-time celebs “while coming from a low-profile Louisiana community,” a source tells OK!.

The tome will be published by Thomas Nelson, a well-known Christian publisher. Praise the Lord that Judith Regan no longer has an imprint.

Ghost writers, fire up your quills- it's going to be a bumpy ride.

As you were
(Thanks D.C. for the head's up)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know as the mother of a newborn I can't even imagine exposing my babe to the world, much less selling her. Thank you B.O.M.B. for saying the things a lot of us are thinking but don't have the nerve (b.a.l.l.s.) to say!