Monday, October 22, 2007

Least Stylish, Least Active, Least Friendly- Oh My!

Grace Kelly must have been the last of the Philly beauties, since apparently it's all been downhill since then. Reuters today reported that according to a new survey "Philadelphia is home to the least attractive people in the United States." (they obviously have never seen my yearbook) To add insult to injury they were also found to be the least stylish, least active, least friendly and least worldly, according to the "America's Favorite Cities" survey by Travel & Leisure magazine and CNN Headline News.

Coming just above Philly in the poll were Washington DC and Dallas/Fort Worth, while Miami and San Diego are home to the most attractive people.

Okay, I've dated guys from DC and powerful as they may be they're egotastic and anything but cute, and their female counterparts definitely seem to be missing the style gene. As for Miami - these pollsters must have been focused on South Beach mamis and not Miami Beach bubbies.

Philadelphians' have apparently been comforting themselves with a big old hoagies & cheese steaks, since national surveys showing they are among the fattest people in the United States. The American Obesity Association ranked the city in the top 10 for overweight people every year between 2000 and 2005. Apparently though, they're very loyal sports fans though they haven't had a national champion in any of its four main sports since the 76ers won the National Basketball Association title in 1983.

They may be unattractive, fat, provincial slugs- but at least they're loyal! Thanks Travel & Leisure mag- that's so comforting! I'm sure subscription rates to the 19019 zip code are about to skyrocket!

As you were....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you really only one Bitter Old Maid or a cabal of Old Maids?? I'm a Bitter Old Maid in LA and my Bitter Old Married Lady friend sent me your blog (get this - she's pining for the days she was a Bitter Old Maid - what's up with that?) Anyway - I'm out here in LA LA land with lots of men who only have eyes for - themselves! So it looks like I'm going to be an old bitty Bitter....they say Alaska has some men...

The B.O.M.B. said...

Well greetings my West Coast friends, and one with married friends no less!

Avoid Alaska. There are no five star hotels and they make you take boats everywhere.

And yes, I'm one bitter old maid with an inspirational bunch of bitter old friends. And I love them as much as my shriveled self involved heart will allow.