Sunday, October 21, 2007

Just Saying- How I Became The B.O.M.B.

I am extremely exhausted and should be working on *the big project*, but instead am sharing my early Sunday a.m. thoughts with you.

This blog was started to amuse a small group of friends, what I didn't quite realize that in literally a matter of days (three to be exact) I'd tap into a network of BOMs and almost BOMs and have BOMs or were BOMs.

I set out to amuse and to also shut up those who frequently hock me with the oft repeated statement that: You're so funny you should be on stage. I am that funny therefore I don't need the stage, besides- the world is my stage- literally.

My point in starting this blog was empowerment (stop groaning, I promise not to pull an Oprah on you and insist that you start a gratitude journal.)

Anyway, my point is this one, single isn't fatal. Single for an extended period of time during which you date Mr. Wildly Unsuitable, Mr. So Repressed He Thinks It's Kinky, Mr. You're Too Successful For Me or Mr. I Got Engaged But Forgot To Tell You Let's Still Snog, doesn't make you pathetic. It makes you single in a time when popular magazines want you to be double, and when popular media tells you that you're abnormal to keep holding out for something better.

As for me? I'd rather laugh than cry- I've spent enough time doing that.

And thank you for all of the wonderful e-mails. I'm not being secretive, it's just a lot of pressure being me and being The B.O.M.B at the same time.

As you were....

No comments: