Friday, October 19, 2007

Serenity Now - So Says Cecilia


Wow. I knew it was bad between France's first fox Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife former model/former 1/2 of a couple that Nick had married during his tenure as Mayor in 1984 (got that? he met her when he performed her first marriage) but I wasn't expecting the announcement of a divorce, but rather a long lingering separation (the couple maintain residences in New York and Palm Beach). Mme former first lady says: "I am someone who likes the shadows, serenity, tranquility." (Is that code for- leave me alone as I head to South America for a post-break-up nip and tuck?)

Score one for brevity: "In a 15-word statement, Sarkozy's office said the two were separating by mutual consent and would not comment further on the decision. Sarkozy's spokesman said separation meant divorce."

This is SOOOO much more fun to watch than The Bachelor.

Ain't love grand?

No comments: